1. No person shall plant or set out any tree, shrub or other growth in or upon any city thoroughfare or public place without permission of the Park, Recreation and Forestry Commission and in conformance with the following regulations. Permits can be obtained by applying for a tree planting permit.
2. No tree shall be planted in the terrace at an intersection of two streets nearer than 25 feet from either corner measured on the property line. (Note: Cross reference, Corner Visibility Ordinance, sec. 18.20, Chapter 18).
3. No tree shall be planted in the terrace nearer than 35 feet from the next nearest tree, except as approved by the City Forester.
4. No tree shall be planted in the terrace where the clear terrace space is less than 4 1/2 feet or as may be otherwise provided by the Park, Recreation and Forestry Commission.
5. No tree shall be planted nearer to the back of curb than 1/2 of the clear space of the terrace.
6. No tree shall be planted in the terrace nearer than 10 feet from a water stop box, water line, sewer line.
7. No softwood tree or fruit bearing tree shall be planted in any street terrace.
8. No tree shall be planted in the terrace near an ornamental street light when the foliage of said tree will obstruct the street light illumination pattern.
9. No street trees other than those species listed as small trees in the city's approved species list may be planted under or within 10 lateral feet of any overhead utility wires.
10. No tree shall be planted on the street right-of-way (terrace) until which time the street curb and gutter has been installed.
Any person who shall violate any provision of this chapter or any order, rule or regulation made hereunder shall be subject to the penalties provided herein or those penalties set forth in sec. 25.04 of this Code. (Cr. *83-20)