Aquatic Center Rules and Information
The successful operation of the Watertown Aquatic Center is dependent not only on the efforts of a qualified staff but also you, the user of this facility. Please review the information below. Your cooperation will help ensure a safe and enjoyable experience at the pool.
1. Season pass or daily fees are required for all persons who enter the facility, including non-swimmers.
2. No carry-ins of any kind are allowed (coolers, food, or drinks). No glass containers permitted. No gum allowed.
3. No inflatables are allowed except on designated dates and times and for medical reasons. No snorkeling gear or facemasks are allowed in pool. No pool toys/balls are allowed in the pool.
4. Refunds will not be issued.
5. Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied and supervised at all times by a responsible supervisor.
6. No alcohol, drugs, tobacco, e-cigarettes or other mind-altering substances allowed.
7. Appropriate swim suits must be worn (nothing inappropriate for a family facility). Cut-offs,or shorts with zippers, brass rivets and /or other metal ornamentation also are not allowed in the pool.
8. Showers are required to be taken before entering the pool.
9. All patrons under the age of 4 or who are not toilet-trained MUST wear leak-proof, swim diapers while using the aquatic facilities. Baby changing stations are available in the locker rooms.
10. Rest periods are held each day at 2:00 - 2:15 pm and 4:30 - 5:00 pm. During this time all youth will exit the pool and adults may use the facility.
11. Persons who misuse their season pass will have their swim privileges revoked.
12. No pets allowed.
13. Persons with infectious or open wounds are prohibited inside the facility.
Management reserves the right to refuse admittance to, or eject from the pool premises, any persons failing to comply with any health and safety regulation or facility policy. Management decision regarding any rule is final. Refunds will not be given.
Following are procedures that outline when the WAC will close:
A. If severe weather is in the area, patrons will be informed. The facility will close for thunder, lightning, dangerous looking clouds, and tornado warnings or other severe weather. It is especially important that parents provide their children with a safe transportation plan should it be necessary to close the center early. Those without a safe way home will be asked to remain in the facility bath house until severe weather has passed.
B. The pool will not open when the air temperature is less than 70 degrees, skies are cloudy, and the extended forecast is not favorable.
C. The pool will close due to poor attendance of less than 50 patrons one hour after opening.