Registering a Complaint

Our department receives and investigates alleged complaints involving building, electric, and plumbing code violations, zoning code violations and housing code violations (pertaining to minimum standards for existing housing). All complaints, once filed in our office, are strictly confidential. Complaint forms are available from our office.

**PLEASE NOTE** Complaint forms MUST be filled out completely.  If you do not know the owner's information you may leave it blank.  However we need to know the name and contact information of the person filing the complaint (the complaintant information).  We cannot process anonymous complaint forms.  Per Wis. State Statute 19.35(1)(am)1 all information shall be protected and kept confidential.