Jacob Maas Douglas G. Zwieg Nikki Zimmerman Zoning Administrator Building Inspector Confidential Secretary 920-262-4041 920-262-4062 920-262-4060
106 Jones Street, Watertown, WI - Room 2034
Office Hours are 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
When in doubt, check it out!
We strongly encourage you to call our office prior to the start of any project to verify the necessity of any permits. Please plan ahead!! Many permits can be issued the same day. Other permits (i.e. building permits, fence permits, pool permits, etc.) require review by one of our inspectors. Due to limited staff and inspection hours, we highly suggest turning in all paperwork at least 1 week prior to the date you would like to begin a project. All permits are good for 1 year from the date they are issued.
Click here to view and print all permits and applications.
The City of Watertown Building Inspection Department is responsible for the following:
- Inspection of all new homes
- Inspection of commercial buildings
- Plan review of all new homes
- Issuance of all building permits, sign permits, fence permits, electrical permits, plumbing permits & HVAC permits
- Zoning Code enforcement
- Housing Code enforcement
- Administration of Conditional Use Permits
- Site Plan Review Committee (The review of all new commercial development)
- Zoning Board of Appeals
- Administration of floodplain and shore land zoning
* Locate your property stakes before starting your project. If you cannot locate, please contact a land surveyor for assistance.
*Contact Diggers Hotline 800-242-8511 before digging.
*Be sure to check for any deed restrictions / subdivision covenants before starting work.
*Check for any easements that would be on your property. These easements will require a minimum setback from the easement.