The City of Watertown is working hard to protect, support and unite the Watertown community throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
- No release of isolation or quarantine information can be provided for positive tests taken with at-home testing kits
- If you test positive with an at-home test, it is strongly recommended to follow up with a laboratory confirmed test through a testing site.
Updated Isolation Recommendations (for those who have tested positive for COVID-19)
If the individual has no symptoms at any point:
- They can leave isolation after 5 days (test date is day 0) but must continue to wear a mask for 5 more days.
- If they develop symptoms at any point, they should re-isolate for at least 5 days (symptom onset is day 0) and until their symptoms are improving and they haven't had a fever for at least 24 hours.
- They would need to wear a mask until 10 days from their symptom onset date.
If the individual has symptoms:
- They must isolate for at least 5 days (date of symptom onset is day 0) and until symptoms are improving and they do not have a fever for at least 24 hours.
- They must continue to wear a mask once they leave isolation until 10 days from symptom onset.
Individuals unwilling or unable to wear a mask would need to isolate for the full 10-day period.
Updated Quarantine Recommendations (for those who have been exposed to COVID-19)
People who are unvaccinated or are not up to date (more than 5 months out from their second mRNA dose or more than 2 months after the J&J vaccine) and have not yet received a booster dose (age 12 and older) should:
- Quarantine for 5 days following exposure and wear a well-fitting maskwhen around other people for an additional 5 days.
- If a 5-day quarantine is not feasible, the exposed person must wear a well-fitting maskat all times when around other people for 10 days after exposure.
People who meet one of the following criteria do not need to quarantine after exposure to COVID-19, but should wear a well-fitting mask when around other people for 10 days:
- Have completed their primary mRNA vaccine series within the last 5 months, OR
- Have been fully vaccinated with a J&J vaccine within the last 2 months, OR
- Have received a booster (age 12 and older), OR
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 90 days using a viral test.
Following an exposure to COVID-19, everyone, regardless of vaccination status:
- Should get tested for COVID-19 on day 5, if possible, after exposure.
- Quarantine immediately if any symptoms develop until they receive a negative COVID-19 test confirming symptoms are not attributable to COVID-19.
For more information and infographics, please visit the Isolation/Quarantine tab.
|Worker Resources for Working Safely and Worker Rights|
|COVID-19 Shopping Tips - Spanish|
|COVID -19 Scam Warnings|