Transient Merchant Permit
TRANSIENT MERCHANT PERMIT APPLICATION INFORMATION
A Transient Merchant Permit in the City of Watertown is good for one year and the year for this permit runs from July 1 of the current year through June 30 of the following year.
There is a $20.00 application fee that is non-refundable and due at the time the application is submitted. From the time the application is submitted to the time it is either approved or denied is approximately one week. Once the application is approved, the applicant will be contacted and asked to come into the City Clerk/Teasurer's office to have his/her photo taken so that a Photo ID can be made. The Transient Merchant is then responsible to have that ID visible at all times that they are out selling their services/products.
If the transient merchant will be operating from a fixed location within the City, the applicant shall present to the City Clerk a site plan of sufficient scale and legibility to allow the Committee to see the relationship of the transient operation to existing businesses and which demonstrates compliance with all of the following:
- All display, parking, pedestrian movement and traffic circulation associated with the activity shall be located on private property. Indicate on site plan the proposed area for customer parking.
- All display, parking, pedestrian movement and traffic circulation associated with the activity shall not be located on public sidewalks, bike paths, public right-of-ways, or other public lands.
- All display, parking, pedestrian movement and traffic circulation associated with the activity shall be not located within traffic visibility triangles, or within parking lot driveways, access ways, alleys or parking lot driving aisles, or in a manner which otherwise creates a hazard.
- If located adjacent to any are in which motor vehicles are present, the display area shall be separated from the vehicle circulation area by a minimum of a 40 inch high pedestrian barrier limited to a single six (6) foot wide access point, so as to make pedestrian movements between the display area and vehicles predictable and limited to a single point of contact.
- Lighting shall be limited to a maximum of one (1) foot candle over ambient.
- No amplified sound systems are permitted.