Housing Affordability Analysis
This report is written to satisfy the requirements as outlined in Section 66.10013 of the Wisconsin Statutes. Section 66.10013 reads as follows:
(1) In this section, “municipality” means a city or village with a population of 10,000 or more.
(2) Not later than January 1, 2020, a municipality shall prepare a report of the municipality's implementation of the housing element of the municipality's comprehensive plan under s. 66.1001. The municipality shall update the report annually, not later than January 31. The report shall contain all of the following:
(a) The number of subdivision plats, certified survey maps, condominium plats, and building permit applications approved in the prior year.
(b) The total number of new residential dwelling units proposed in all subdivision plats, certified survey maps, condominium plats, and building permit applications that were approved by the municipality in the prior year.
(c) A list and map of undeveloped parcels in the municipality that are zoned for residential development.
(d) A list of all undeveloped parcels in the municipality that are suitable for, but not zoned for, residential development, including vacant sites and sites that have potential for redevelopment, and a description of the zoning requirements and availability of public facilities and services for each property.
(e) An analysis of the municipality's residential development regulations, such as land use controls, site improvement requirements, fees and land dedication requirements, and permit procedures. The analysis shall calculate the financial impact that each regulation has on the cost of each new subdivision. The analysis shall identify ways in which the municipality can modify its construction and development regulations, lot sizes, approval processes, and related fees to do each of the following:
- Meet existing and forecasted housing demand.
- Reduce the time and cost necessary to approve and develop a new residential subdivision in the municipality by 20 percent.
(3) A municipality shall post the report under sub. (2) on the municipality's Internet site on a web page dedicated solely to the report and titled “Housing Affordability Analysis.”
HOUSING AFFORDABILITY ANALYSIS
2021 (FY2020) Housing Affordability Report
|2017 - 2040 City of Watertown New Housing Projections|
|2019 City of Watertown Comprehensive Plan: Housing & Neighborhood Development (Chapter 10)|
|2021 (FY2020) Development Numbers|
PROPOSED NEW RESIDENTIAL DWELLING UNITS
|2021 (FY2020) Proposed New Residential Dwelling Units|
UNDEVELOPED RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES
|Map of Undeveloped Residential Parcels as of January 1, 2021|
|List of Undeveloped Residential Parcels as of January 1, 2021|
UNDEVELOPED & UNDERDEVELOPED1 NON-RESIDENTIAL PROPERTIES
|Map of Undeveloped & Underdeveloped Non-Residential Parcels as of January 1, 2021|
|List of Undeveloped & Underdeveloped Non-Residential Parcels as of January 1, 2021|
ANALYSIS OF CITY OF WATERTOWN'S RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS
|Analysis of Residential Development Fees & Regulations|
1 = Underdeveloped means the assessed land value is greater than the assessed improvement for a parcel of land.